Thursday 20 June 2013

YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils Baby Doll Mascara Review!

Hey ladies!

Last weekend my £5 credit on my Debenhams beauty club card was about to run out, so as you can imagine, in a mad rush, i had to get to Debenhams and buy some makeup!

I browsed for ages as there is nothing i really wanted to get, but then i saw this little beauty and it was pretty much love at first sight, i had to have it.

It is the YSL Baby Doll Mascara, this retails for £24.50 in Debenhams but with my £5 points balance i picked it up for £19.50.


First of all, can we all just take a moment to appreciate the beauty of YSL's packaging. So simple yet effective. Packaging always draws me to a product and will often be a deciding factor in my actually buying it and YSL never fail me on that front.

The mascara itself is applied using a plastic wand with short spikes all over. Personally, plastic wands are my prefered mascara applicator over brushes and bristle wands so this was a plus for myself.


To show you one coat of this compared to my natural eyelashes with no makeup on:

No Mascara (creepy)

 Left Eye Mascara, Right Eye None

Both Eyes Mascara

 From Underneath the Lashes

I think these pictures give you a good look at the coverage and the lengthening properties of the mascara and you can really see that they accentuate my lashes quite a lot.

I think the easiest way to do this is to just tell you guys my own personal pro's and con's of this mascara and you can tell me your opinions too! So here goes:

PROS

Comes in four different shades so suits a lot of different people's needs.
Beautiful packaging.
Really lengthening.
Hardly any clumping at all and no flaking so far.
Nice formula, not sticky or too wet.
Nice smell!
Pretty name, i'm a sucker for names!

CONS

The price, i really cannot justify even £19.50 on a mascara never mind it's full price of £24.50.
It in comparison to YSL Shocking, not sure if i like it better, or the same?
I also am unsure if i like it better or just the same as my much cheaper L'Oreal False Lash Telescopic.

So, although there are more Pro's than Con's and i really do like this mascara a lot, i have to admit i probably won't repurchase as, to me, this is just not worth the price. Don't get me wrong, it's lovely and it really does look good on the eyes but is it the best? In my opinion, i like it just the same as i like my all time L'Oreal fave.

I don't regret this purchase though as i love YSL products and i do love this mascara too.

Have you tried YSL Baby Doll mascara?
What are your opinions?
A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting beauties, i'll get back to you soon!
xxx